Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Rivers

Had some nice quiet/candle/guitar time in the Man-Cave™ tonight. This is what came out.

Thanks for checking it out,
John



RIVERS.mp3 - [12.26.06]

Sitting in a seaside bar right next to Mexico
Pretty girl pulls up and smiles and says to me
"I can tell your future for a fifty dollar bill
or I can make you smile right now for free"

All the people that we meet
Rivers flowing endlessly

Sixteen degrees and no one else is on the road
Drifter up ahead, I slow and let him in (he said)
"I could tell you stories that would make you laugh for hours
But hell if I remember where I've been"

All these mem'ries that we keep
Rivers flowing endlessly

[instrumental break]

Little girl says "daddy can you play me your guitar?"
I just smile and nod my head (she said)
"You should write a simple song that makes me want to sing
And play it for me when I go to sleep"

All these reasons we believe
Rivers flowing...

Endlessly


[instrumental ending]

1 comment:

sg said...

Beautiful atmospheric recording. I like the deceptively simple guitar part...and that special note in the middle. :)

And the sound of an active household is always a cool character to have in a recording (and many times almost impossible to avoid).