Monday, December 25, 2006

Liza Swart


Avon, Indiana

LINKS

BIO
My first real memory of crying was at age four because the Carpenters blue plastic 8-track tape broke while I was at school. I started up music lessons around that time, and fiddled around with that until well into college, never really mastering anything.

I never connected with an instrument creatively until I started playing the guitar, about 10.5 years ago. I hate telling people how long I've played because it sounds more like I've been playing about 3 years. I've gone for long periods without playing, so I guess it's ok.

I like recording and messing around with production ideas/bgvs/the like. Right now what I record sounds like poop in a can, but the ideas are there in my mind. Oh well.

RECORDING
Right now, into a Samson condenser USB-cabled mic, hooked up to my little brother's computer, which runs the Audacity program. it's very rudimentary, but it gets the job done.

INSTRUMENTS
Alvarez PF90C, which is a retired acoustic/electric, slightly larger than a parlour body size with a single cutaway. I use Elixer custom light strings exclusively, along with white, .46 mm Jim Dunlop nylon plectrums. (ha! I said plectrum! I'm much a nerd!) I've had this guitar for just about 10 years exactly now, and it has a couple of cracks and some chipped finish here and there, but it sounds better today than it ever has.

member since - [12.21.06]

1 comment:

http://marketingfromtheheard.wordpress.com said...

I like 'plectrum'.

In fact I like it so much that
I created a new word with it.

You see, I'm a neologist,
which is a fancy pants way
of saying word maker upper.

So, when you pick with your
fingers, you are fingerpicking.

And when you pick with a plectrum
you are "plectrating".

I like to plectrate. Don't you?

Tom St. Louis
http://www.gmsiamovie.wordpress.com