Tuesday, August 21, 2007

something new

hey apples.

sorry I've been so not-posty, not-writey, and not-appley lately. My brother got married earlier in the year, and I was working on a book, and then I had surgery.... blah blah uninteresting junk.

What is interesting is that I unexpectedly wrote a song last week. Now that Dan (the bro) has moved out and taken his recording devices with him, I thought I was up a creek- until I remembered my dad's digital camera can do short film captures. viola. there is no mp3 recording, but it's youtubey.... so I present my latest apple pie, to the tune of "It's You" (lyrics below video).



It's You
words and music by Liza Swart

Whoa oh ho
Whoa oh ho
Summertime songs and summertime fears
I've got you on my mind
Things are much as they were last year
I guess I'm doing fine
But there's still one thing I don't know how to do
It's you
Whoa oh ho
It's you
Whoa oh ho

Looking at pictures to catch your smile
Look at you, laugh at me
Things were good, if just for a while
That's where I wanna be
But I know the truth, love, you know it too-
It's you
Whoa oh ho
It's you
Whoa oh ho

Here I am, I stand alone
Here I am, my heart, my home
It's only
It's only
It's you
Whoa oh ho
It's you
Whoa oh ho

-Liza Swart, 8/2007

5 comments:

sg said...

You totally rule.
You took the technology.
You made it do your bidding.

:)

Good to see your face and hear your voice again (besides facebook sightings of course).

swg

sg said...

And when I say "besides facebook sighting" I don't mean that it wasn't good seeing you there...

:)

A little clarification never hurts.

John Natiw said...

Hey Liza!
Good to SEE you! Hard to recognize you without "the hair". ;o)

Great job on the song.
J

John Natiw said...

Just watched this again. As usual Liza, I love listening to your vocals, but I'm noticing a distinct "style" with your guitar playing. Part of it is the sound of the instrument, but part of it is your sound.

I dig it.

Keep writing.
J

John Natiw said...

Another quick observation. This is purely subjective on my part, but I'd like to hear you launch right into the verse at the beginning of the some instead of the oohs first.

Great work Liza!

My $.02,
J