Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Time To Kill (working title)



Here's my latest offering for the Songwriting Apples perusal.
It's a combination of two songs (and one instrumental piece from an older song) that all seemed to blend together pretty well).

TIME TO KILL.mp3 - [01.03.07]
Lyrics and Chords

The "outro" of the song is just me babbling a melody because I'm not sure what to put there yet (I'm even open to what you hear there). I like the melody and I think it's a good hook at the end that give the listener something entirely new on the way out. I've always liked how Dave Grohl of The Foo Fighters would throw in these amazingly cool riffs/lines/melodies in the very end of the song. This is no where near as cool or as rockin' as that, but it DOES introduce a new idea melodically, which is what I was going for.

There's a transition from the bridge to the final chorus that feels a little awkward and I'm not sure what to do with it, so again I'm open to ideas here as well.

2 comments:

John Natiw said...

When I hear a song (especially the first few listens) I tend to identify it with some musician/band I already know. In this case I've associated this song (especially your double tracked vocals) with Elliott Smith.
J

sg said...

I love Elliot Smith and I listened many times to his sweet doubled vocal tracks (his sound AMAZING).

Thanks for the comparison.

It's a combination of melancholy and double tracking.