Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dare I? Write Fourteen Songs In February?




The thought of doing this last year with a 1 year old in the house was all but incomprehensible, but now...maybe.

I think I've actually convinced myself that I'm going to do it.
One song every two days (on average--if I manage to write two songs in one day, I can take a day or two off to recover my creative juices).

What manner of songwriting insanity is this? See what the FAWMers are doing here.

http://fawm.org/

This is a great idea, and the goal, as far as I can tell, is right in line with what we're hoping to do here at Songwriting Apples: push one another to create and write music.

What's the worst that can happen? I'll accidentally write a good song that I might actually use when I perform live? Cool.

Anyone care to join me in this craziness? No worries if you don't. The Songwriting Apples is all about doing what you can, but trying to do SOMETHING.

I know for a fact that I won't be able to write 14 songs EVERY month, but I sure as heck am going to try to do it in February.

3 comments:

sg said...

I've found that if you post a simple comment, then you can receive notices when someone posts a reply...so, that's why I'm posting on my own comment.

Nico said...

WOW!!! What a cool idea, and I'm VERY intrigued, I may join you! Last year, a few days before November, I found NaNoWriMo (nanowrimo.org) that has a similar concept about pushing out novels (with a focus on quantity and not quality). FAWM seems to have this similar vibe but more up my alley!

Do you know what qualifies exactly as 14 songs? Is it 14 sets of lyrics (would that be acceptable)? Or do you need full fledge arrangements and demos?

Cheers!
-Nico

sg said...

I think lyrics may be acceptable. Read here for details:

http://fawm.org/about/help.php