Tuesday, September 18, 2007

100 Posts and Still Going Strong!



Back on December 21, 2006 we here at Songwriting Apples made what is now known as our infamous First Post (catchy title, we know). Today we make our 100th post. What began as an almost silly thing for a few friends to play around with has become a somewhat serious way for our members to improve in the area of songwriting. We've done a lot to improve the site since we started out. Steve and I had no idea that this site would become as much fun and productive as it has. And, to be truthful, I don't think either of us has any idea what it holds in store for the next 100 posts.

One thing we're sure of is that we've helped a few very creative souls push themselves a little further than they might have gone without the extra motivation (ourselves included!). If you doubt this, be sure to check out a few of the 37 songs that have been posted here.

We'd like to pause for just a moment to say thanks to the good apples who have contributed to this site during the first 100 posts. Liza, Eric, Gene... Your writing, photos, videos, websites, humor, words and songs have made this a great place to spend a little free time now and then. One of my favorite things is to click over to the Songwriting Apples site and find that one of you has posted something new. I know Steve has said this before and I'll say it too, this place is a great motivation!

So come on in, write a bit, sit back and listen... whatever feels right.

John Natiw & Steven Wesley Guiles
Co-Founders and Editors
Songwriting Apples.com

1 comment:

docgoose said...

1oo posts congratulations. I have been dropping your name to all my friends and also donated to a charity run to raise money for weight reduction programs in our area. I get to have something put on the t shirts as a sponsor so I thought I would put on songwritingapples and songpull. I found songpull through you guys and I am going to try to have one in NE Pennsylvania.

The guy putting on the event is a great guitar fan also and he is opening up a coffee house and so I am talking to them as being the venue for this. It all looks good.

Thank you for lighting the fire under my a--

Now let's take it to 200 by the end of the year.