Tuesday, March 27, 2007

You Find It...Garage Rock Masterpiece?



You Find It.mp3

Well...for the sake of continued vitality, and realizing that I must write to push through to even better songs, I offer my finest piece of butt-rockin', garage-tainted, bad drummin', white-stripes-rip-off tuneage.

I think I may also ripped Nirvana and Soundgarden as well. Name that influence!

I post because I want no one to ever feel shame at any song they ever post. Surely after posting "Don't Be Hatin'" and this song we'll all know it's ok to try ANYTHING. I'm busting out my kazoo for the next tune.


I think this is a classic women seeks revenge on cheating man blues song. Is that classic? Is this classic?

:)

You Find It
words and music by Steven Wesley Guiles

You find it, you find it
You find it oh so lovely.
You find it, you find it
You find it oh so lovely, don't you darlin'?

I'm not happy, that makes you glad (you find it, you find it)
Twist that knife, yeah it hurts real bad (you grind it, you grind it)
Hell hath no fury like a woman born,
to a cheatin' man, here comes the storm



repeat ad nausea (misspelling intentional)

3 comments:

John Natiw said...

I hear Nirvana in this. A "not so pissed off, drug addicted, emotionally screwed up and about to die Kurt Cobain" if you will.

I dig the fact that we take chances here. The phrase I use the most when describing this work to others is "no fear."

This song is a great example of that. Some of the stuff I've posted here will probably never end up on an official CD someday, but the songs that do will owe their existence to these songs.

No Fear my brothers and sisters...
J

sg said...

No fear, baby! Awww yeah.
Seriously, who's up with their kazoo song about monkeys and chameleons? Liza? :)

Eric Shouse said...

I like. Thanks for rockin'. Even if it ain't polished, it sure is fun... and it shines anyway.

Way to go!

Eric

PS - How'd you get Dave Grohl to pay on it? ;)