Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A little somethin' somethin'

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So that lady up there is my best gal pal. She's a singer/songwriter out in Denver, named Kate Laurel Smith. Yesterday a fan of hers emailed her an mp3 of a song he had "re-recorded" with a drum part he heard in his head, and she passed it on to me... what a huge compliment for an artist! Somebody she never met before spent time and attention on her music, and didn't do a bad job of it, I must admit.

So she and I got to talking, and figured something fun would be to open up her catalogue, so to speak, for others to mix and remix, and we'd post things on a new myspace page. I naturally thought of you apples and thought, maybe we could have some fun here, too- I don't know what ya'll have available, but I'm gonna try a few crappy attempts myself. If you're interested in her sound, her myspace is here, her webpage is here, and the newly designed repliKate is here. (heh heh, I thought it up all by myself.)

In my hiatus from writing, I'm trying to stay creative on other fronts; the juice doesn't leave, it just switches pipes.

1 comment:

sg said...

I'm glad there's still juice! :)

I like the idea of remixing or adding tracks to each others songs too! We could totally ship an mp3 too each other and then each member adds a harmony or guitar part or drums part or congo part...you get the picture.

Super cool. I'd be all over that. We should ALL write a song. Maybe we could play that game where kids all told a piece of a story, except we could all write different pieces of the songs. You write verse 1, someone else writes the chorus or verse 2, etc.

Anyone with me? What are we doing?
I'm confused.

:)

Too many ideas.
My first show in months and months is this Friday.

John, on the other hand, is playing his like, 50th show, in like, 30 days...

*jealous sigh* ;)

swg