Saturday, March 3, 2007

I'll Take A Fifth and Thirty Useful Tips For $100, Alex



Here's a short explanation on the Circle of Fifths. Even if it STILL doesn't make sense when you're done reading it, you'll come away with at least two or three new chord progressions to stick in your quiver.

After reading that I started reading the blog I found it in. Great ideas here! This guy has a blog chock full o' ideas. I found myself just reading straight down the page and getting more and more inspiration.

He posted an article about playing live here.

That lead me to the site it was hosted on, Muse's Muse.

I feel like Alice In Wonderland here, but THAT lead me to THIS site, which was highly suspect because of the random pop-up ads, but I stayed and surfed anyways and found a list of programs for creating loops. (I've been messing with a pretty fun online loopmaking program called Splice that I really enjoy, but that's another rabbit hole to wander down at another date.)

Which naturally lead me to I Am The Mighty Jungulator, a band AND an educational software for looping music used in schools in the UK. Yeah. I took the blue pill.


Too many links? Sucker, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I need to write/finish a song now. As is obvious, the computer used its evil tentacles of coolness to wrap me up and suck me in.

(Read Jeff's Songwriting Blog if you do anything, but if you feel like chasing the rabbit, start with the first link and work your way down...)

2 comments:

John Natiw said...

STEVE!!! Come back to us man. Follow the sound of my voice. Turn back before your lost in the web-maze forever!

Ha.... great links SG. I'll be on them.
J

Don Mak said...

I can vouch for Jeff's blog too. It's great. I usually link to one of his posts on my site every other week or so. He's contributed some articles to Blogging Muses in the past as well. On the downside, I always worry that people spend too much time reading about songwriting and not enough on ACTUALLY songwriting. It looks like you guys have the "doing" down pat though.

Congrats,

DM
www.bloggingmuses.com