Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Goodnight

The other night as I was getting ready for bed (probably watching the Food Network as I brushed my teeth) this song popped in my head (well the first few lines anyway) so I sat down and worked it out. After sleeping on it, I figured out what the song was really about... a love that never leaves you alone or forgotten through life and beyond... the best thing anyone could ever ask for in my opinion.

May we all know that kind of love.

Goodnight mp3
Goodnight
Words and Music by Eric Shouse © 2008 Everybody Run Music

Goodnight my dear it’s not the end but the start
Of a journey to dreamland that’s not very far
And the night will be wonderful, your heart will be light
As you dance away, drift out of sight

The day has been long and your body is worn
When you open your eyes again, it’s like being reborn
And I’ll be right here holding you close to my heart
You will never be lonely in the dark

And I’ll be right here holding you close to my heart
You will never be lonely in the dark

No comments: