Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rock A Bye Baby




I don't know where this song is going, but this is a jam I was playing on my front porch. I saw my kids playing outside, thought of the old nursery rhyme, and found that it had a new significance (at least to me) sung in this way. The keychange weirdness is something that popped into my head as I was working it out in my mancave.

Here's the origin of the song. I may reference this more if I decide to do something else with this song. Here's an extended lyric and a midi-esque sounding piano version.


Rock A Bye Baby.mp3

Rock A Bye Baby



Rock a bye baby on the tree tops
when the wind blows, the cradle will rock
if the bow breaks the cradle will fall
and down will come baby cradle and all, cradle and all

even if God finds me I will take a chance
even as the sun hides from the moon
even if the wrongs I've done can track me down
even if your love comes back too soon

No comments: