Sunday, May 20, 2007

Unicorn: The Other White Meat



As I have proven in the past, I am capable of truly cheesy, wacky songs.
This is one of those songs. (And it balances all of those overly serious, heavy songs I write on the flip side).

This song was inspired by THIS t-shirt. I own it. I wear it proudly.
My students either don't get it, think I'm a freak, or laugh quietly so as not to draw attention to themselves.

The opening acoustic guitar solo was inspired by Metallica's song "One".
The double bass drumming was provided by Looperman.
I think all the songs like this are inspired either by Adam Sandler's songs, Homestar Runner's SB Emails, or lack of sleep.

I don't care. I must create. And this is what I created.
I had fun with a program called Audacity in the creation process. It's free and has effects and everything. I use it to create Mp3s as well.

Unicorn MP3 Link
Unicorn: The Other White Meat
by Steven Wesley Guiles

Unicorn the other white meat
Unicorn the other white meat
Unicorn the other white meat...yeah!

Don't taste like chicken, don't taste like frog
it don't taste like chicken, man, it's not dog.

it don't taste like monkeys
it don't taste like elephant
elephants don't taste like chicken and they don't taste like monkeys either...

Chickens and monkeys and elephants don't taste like unicorn
(Unicorn the other white meat, unicorn the other white meat)
Unicorn tastes like..."not chicken"

La La La La Laaaa
I like chicken.



My brother Dave made a video for the song. It's here.

If for some reason, the song is not linked here, you can check out my brother and I's secret Ninja Rock Band, The Shirken Furies. We posted it there as one of our own.

No comments: