Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Summer Creativity


April is past and May is quickly moving along. The robin's eggs outside my bedroom window tell me that warm summer temperatures are just around the corner. Before you know it the leaves will be turning... wait, let's not get too far ahead of things here.

The past month or two have been slow around the Songwriting Apples Blog. We've had a few wonderful songs posted though! Be sure to give them a listen.

Personally, I've found that I have been spending a little less time with the six string and with the lyric notebook lately. Spring has sprung and I've been outside as much as possible. Family duties and outings are taking priority. This is all as it should be. Having said all that, I still plan on trying to write a song a month or so over the summer. Some worthy musical ideas are coming out of that new Martin and I look forward to finishing one of the new tunes soon.

Hope that you are enjoying the spring season wherever you are! Keep checking in and keep writing!
John

1 comment:

sg said...

I love this time of year. It's gorgeous out here in Southern California as well.

As a teacher, this time of year is also full of possibility because summer is just around the corner.

Tonight I'm getting together to test out kick drum mics with one of my buddies. I'm going to try and learn how to make a recording that SOUNDS really good. I feel I know how to write a song and a tune, but I don't always know how to translate that into a recording.

And John, I'm glad family is a priority (as well it should be). And hockey...

:)

Is hockey still on?

Here's to new lyrics, new songs, good family times, and news seasons.