Sunday, April 13, 2008

Checking In...


You just never know what's around the next corner.

Truer words were never spoken. Though I won't bore you with the details, these past few months have been hectic. Fortunately, there's been JUST enough time left each day/week to get out and play some music. Unfortunately, my involvement with this site has been sacrificed a bit, BUT... I'm loving what I'm seeing/reading/hearing. And I'm really looking forward to catching up on all the posts and concentrating on the writing process when the time is right. In the meantime, everyone in the band is on the same page and that page says "GO PLAY YOUR MUSIC FOR THE PEOPLE!" And so, the people keep showing up... and we go. And what a ride it is turning out to be. But, I digress...

First, WELCOME to our new contributors. I'm still trying to figure out who is who, but keep posting and we'll become great friends, I'm sure.

Second, I have to give some love to my "brother in musical madness", Steve (the man who wrote about a hundred songs in a week or some crazy thing). Thanks for carrying the ball for a bit. I should probably call you and catch up soon. Look for it. Somehow, my friend, we've managed to keep this site running into our second year in the midst of real, everyday life. Family, jobs, kids, our other creative desires and other endless repsonsibilities keep pulling us in every direction.

But we're still here. And this place is growing.

So come on in, write a bit, sit back and listen... whatever feels right.

Peace,
John

1 comment:

sg said...

Hey John!!

Good to "read ya'" again.

:)

Several of the new faces include Tom St. Louis (who has agreed to contribute an article a week) and Nico, who I haven't seen for awhile because I believe he's trying to record an album of his material from FAWM this year.