Monday, October 29, 2007

Be A Pepto-Star




Sure, it's cheesy, but then again, it's a potential $15,000 of cheesy.
I'm willing to bring the cheese for the pesos. If I can put one of my silly songs into a nationwide ad campaign and make some money, I'm ok with that. If the Rolling Stones can do it, I think it's ok for me to do it too. Not that the Rolling Stones ever did a Pepto-Bismol ad...

Here's the link.

I've already got a sweet little tune in the hopper for this.
I'd like to make this a songwriting challenge...but we'll make the bonus challenge for the year. The contest is open until January something or other.

Here are some more rules and requirements for your perusal:

You must be at least 18 years old to enter, and anyone appearing in your video must be at least 18 years old, too.

• Video must be original and no longer than one minute.

• Video must portray the five symptoms—nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, and diarrhea.

• Video may not contain or refer to any brands other than Pepto-Bismol.

• Please don't depict anything crude, lewd, or vulgar.

• You and up to five additional people may appear in your video, but it is not necessary for you or any other person to appear.

• All video entries must be your own original unpublished work and cannot contain, incorporate, or reference anything that is owned by any third party or entity or would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction.

• Videos will be judged based on the following criteria:
• Originality and creativity (50%)
• Appropriate portrayal of the five symptoms Pepto-Bismol treats (35%)
• Suitability for use in an advertisement (15%)

--Here are the lyrics...yeah, they're pretty bad, but they do get across their central message--

Pepto Star Song Lyrics
Nausea,
Heartburn,
Indigestion,
Upset stomach,
Diarrhea,
Yay, Pepto-Bismol!

2 comments:

John Natiw said...

I'm........

Speechless.

Let the games begin.;o)
J

sg said...

I'll be posting my song soon. It's a doozy.

:)