Thursday, June 7, 2007

Welcome Summer!

Hey all... Just wanted to drop a line to try and keep up with Steve! Couple things, then I'm off to work.
  1. I'm still not able to access the server to upload songs at this moment. Steve has a new one that I hope to have posted soon. Please check back soon!

  2. Steve and I miss seeing some of you post here. Hope you're still doing well and, of course, that you're playing and writing and you'll be back posting here soon!

  3. Summer is on our doorstep here in the midwest. All the usual "summer activities" are starting to bust out all over. Hope you're getting out and enjoying the weather!

  4. On a personal note, the lyrics are starting to come again. Currently, I have three songs in varying stages of completeness. Feels like all are keepers. One is sort of about trying to find our way in this mysterious, wonderful life. The most recent one was inspired by a trip past my childhood home while I was biking a couple weeks ago. I'll leave you for today with a few short lines from this one...

this old house has nothing left for me
just sticks and stones as far as I can see

in my mind a movie plays of better days
and how it used to be


Late,
John

2 comments:

sg said...

John,

Hey! Glad to see your alive and kickin' (and I'm sure super busy).

I like the new lyric. Is your old house in disrepair at all? Sloppy new owners? Or is it just that time and place is so far gone and you're such a different person that it has "nothing left" for you?


Did you know that if you go to Google Page Creator (http://pages.google.com/) and then you can get busy uploading whatever content you want, and then link to it on the blog. The only downside is that for whatever reason, it doesn't play in the player, it just downloads.

Did you try my Unicorn Song link? I think it works...

John Natiw said...

Hey bro,
I am. And I am. ;o)

Cool, thanks! It's the latter. It's so different and so am I. Felt weird.

NO! I will check that out. I just need to spend some time with the thing and figure out what happened. I have not checked out the song but will soon!

Be cool Steveman!
John